Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Kylie's Kiss - Delia Latham

Welcome back to another day of visiting with Delia, Destiny and friends at Solomon's Gate.

Morning ladies! Thank you for having me back. I step through the gates as they swing open.

Delia laughs. I don't think we could have kept you away. You would have probably stormed the gates if we hadn't let you in.

I laugh as I hold up my peace offering of coffee and cinnamon rolls. After enjoying the treat, Delia rushes off...something about another story on her mind. Destiny just smiles. That's just the way it is sometimes when the Spirit moves you.

I smile back, anxious to learn more about Solomon's Gate. Destiny, all kinds of characters must come to you in search of a match. How do you do it? How do you decide who's a good candidate at Solomon's Gate?

She laughs. A whole lot of prayer - and trusting the One who Is love. There's a reason I call them seekers. And there's more to it than your typical dating agency.

I sigh. That's a pretty tall order. Do you ever doubt yourself, or the couples you match up?

Destiny shrugs. Don't we all wonder sometimes if we're following His will or our own? That's really what it comes down to. Sometimes what we see as the least likely match is exactly the match that God has in mind.

Well, have you ever put two people together and then decided that you got it wrong? That you missed something? What if someone lies on their application and they aren't really a Christian?

I suppose that could happen. But I think Solomon's got my back. Destiny grins. I'd like you to meet someone.
I didn't notice when she got there, but a young woman with beautiful golden brown hair stood in the doorway, holding the hand of an absolutely angelic child.

Come on in, Kylie. And where's my hug, Lea?

The blonde girl raced to Destiny's open arms then turned to face me. One side of her face was flawless, the other badly scarred from a burn. I couldn't help but smile at the inner joy shining from her.

She came over to me after a moment and patted my cheek. I felt blessed. I couldn't describe it any other way. I opened my arms and she climbed into my lap where I would be happy to hold her for as long as she wanted to stay.

Looks like she did it again, Destiny.

Destiny smiled at her friend. If she could work her magic on you, what makes you think anyone else can resist her.

The woman laughed and met my gaze. You probably already figured it out, but I'm Kylie, the most recent Seeker to be matched up.

I looked down at the little girl in my lap who was smiling up at me. She's my mommy now. 

Kylie smiled and opened her arms to Lea who jumped down from my lap and ran to her mom. You want to talk about unlikely matches? Well, you'll just have to read my story then you'll know this was a match that could only be made in heaven.

Sigh. It's true. You'll just have to read the story to find out the rest. Here's a peek:

Blurb:

On a dare, Kylie Matthews lands smack in the middle of Solomon's Gate-Castle Creek's new Christian dating agency-and she finds herself revealing exactly what she's waiting for in a relationship: "The kiss that steals my breath away." What she doesn't reveal is her lack of self-esteem or her irrational reaction to facial disfigurement. Neither is applicable to her quest to find the perfect match. But that seemingly superficial malady becomes all-important when her first agency-arranged date is Rick Dale-a man who is everything Kylie is searching for. He's handsome, smart, fun. Rick has it all...including an angelic six-year-old daughter with severe scarring on one side of her face. Hard at work founding a therapy camp for young female victims of deformity or disfigurement, Rick wants Kylie to be a part of those plans. She'd love to say yes...but how can she, when every contact with the facility's guests-and Rick's own daughter-will make her violently ill? Kylie is ready to admit their relationship doesn't stand a chance, but she's forgotten that God makes a way where there seems no way.

Review:

Kylie’s true to life fears (after all, who isn’t afraid of something) make her very real. She’s the kind of character you just don’t know whether to love or hate at first. After all, how can she be so unfeeling to people who have to struggle through life facing their own deformities? But when you get right down to it, it’s not a choice she makes, to not be able to face imperfections, it’s what was unknowingly planted in her head by people who should have loved her, not judged her or compared her to anyone else—definitely a case of not judging someone else before you’ve walked a mile in their shoes. I wouldn’t have wanted to grow up in her family.

Kylie definitely has a core of steel and a heart of gold. She’s a sweetheart underneath all her insecurities.

So just like Rick, once you get beyond her irrational reactions, you can see her heart of gold. And the way God uses Rick’s sweet daughter to help Kylie see with her heart, not just her eyes, is definitely a wonderful moment.

Once again, kudos to this author for bringing such a wonderful story to us. God bless you, Delia, keep them coming!

The Solomon's Gate series can be found at: http://www.pelicanbookgroup.com/ec/index.php
Once again, you can learn more about Delia at:

11 comments:

  1. Hi Delia! Welcome back! I'm having such a nice visit with your characters! I hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute interview - Solomon's Gate series are great stories!

    Good luck & God's blessings to Donna, Delia & Destiny!
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic blog posts, ladies!!! I love this series - Delia is a marvel. Wonderful spotlight, Donna, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, ladies! I'm glad you started the party without me. I had a bit of a glitch in my get-up-and-go this morning...something that happens, for some reason, when I stay up until 4 a.m. working. :)

    Donna, I see you've met Kylie and Lea. Aren't they a precious pair? If you hadn't already known who she was before coming to Solomon's Gate, it would be hard to believe, wouldn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great interview, ladies. Delia, great job with KYLIE'S KISS and congrats on tomorrow's release of GYPSY'S GAME! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dora! I'm still finding it hard to believe Gypsy's Game is AT LAST releasing. lol I hope you love Gypsy and Jal's story!

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed this interchange. Again I say how much I enjoy this series and look forward to what's next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LoRee! I always love seeing your face in the comments section. :)

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful cast of characters you've created, Delia.

    Don't forget to check back tomorrow for Gypsy's Game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Donna! I love what you've done with them here. :D

    ReplyDelete